Java 11 is the second long term support release after Java 8, meanwhile, Java 12 comes with new features: multiple case labels, switch expression returning value via break or switch expression returning value via label rules (arrow).
Today, our focus was on Java 11 and 12. The subjects covered were:
• Why is Java 11 important?
• Launching single source files
• Java String Methods
• Local-Variable Syntax for Lambda Parameters
• Nested based access control
• Reading and Writing strings to and from the Files
• JEP 321: Http Client
• JEP 328: Flight Recorder
• JEP 318: Epsilon: A No-Op Garbage Collector
• JEP 333: ZGC: A Scalable Low-Latency Garbage Collector
• Removed features
• Switch expressions
• File.mismatch method
• Compact number formatting
• Teeing collectors
• Java new String methods
• Raw String literals removed
• JEP 305: Pattern Matching for instanceof
• JVM changes
Thank to all participants for this amaizing workshop and keep up with the good work!