Technical Project Manager
We are looking to hire a Project Manager to extend the team of a UK based customer.
They provide software to telecommunications carriers for the management of network pricing. The Software is used by some of the largest telecommunications carriers in the world.
The software product covers the following functional areas.
Address Cleansing and Management – Using 3rd party sources (Google Maps and other) to ensure clean address capture and address management.
Mapping – Providing a visual interface to view network paths and customer locations.
Workflow – allowing customer to manage various business workflows related to the process of network pricing
API Aggregation – Engaging multiple 3rd Party API’s and aggregating the results
The software is highly transactional, with performance and stability a key area of concern. They aim to be the first choice API aggregation platform for the global telecommunications industry
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experienced in working with international teams and confident in dealing with customers and Management
- Capable to work independently but also to collaborate with the members of the development and business support team
- Self organized and capable to manage work without immediate supervision
- Strong business analysis, project management skills and demonstrated agile experience as Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
- Software development experience using Java
- Capability to understand a software architecture and identify areas that will have to be updated if a change request is received from the customer
- Deep knowledge about software life-cycle and tools
- Good understanding of international geographies
- Basic telecom knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel abroad to customer's location
- Attend customer meetings and communication with the customer in English
- Act as the first line of engagement for all inquiries and bugs from customers
- Perform business analysis and document the inquiries(feature/change requests) of the customers in the project management tool (describing epics, user stories, tasks)
- Collaborate with the software development team in estimating the issues or feature or change requests received
- Monitoring and getting daily updates for outstanding defects and reporting the status to the customer
- Try to reproduce the issues and identify the source of the problem using log files and XML files
- Effort estimation for own tasks