Mid-level Java developer
The position is open in one of our teams that provides professional services for one of the major players in the telecom industry. With headquarters in Great Britain, our client develops a wide range of solutions to the biggest telecom companies in the world.
The role has the responsibility to provide software development and support to the Core Product team. Working closely with the Solution Architects, reporting to the Team's Technical Lead and collaborating with the Lead Scrum Master, the successful person will contribute to develop the core product, troubleshoot issues as they arise, define and implement solutions.
This will be an excellent opportunity to work with a range of technologies, solve problems and work within a very professional team.
- The successful Java Developer will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years experience developing Java applications
- Hands-on software developer with proven Java 8+ and Unit testing experience
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills in English
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience in Linux is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
- Experience with any of the following technologies will be viewed favorably, however the right attitude and a willingness to solve problems and learn is more important, as the role will provide an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in these areas:
- Experience working with AWS
- Micro Service Architecture
- Experience with functional and performance testing
- Knowledge of CI systems (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Docker
- Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Participate in the Weekly Architectural Review process. Provide feedback on issues.
- With input from Senior architects, propose, design and implement solutions to improve system quality, performance and maintenance.
- Develop cloud-native microservices for new features.
- Upgrade existing features to microservices-based architecture.
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Working with the Scrum Master and Customer Managers, participate in the implementation and support of supplier pricing APIs.
- Working with the Scrum Master and Customer Managers, provide support for defect investigation, resolution and deployment within the Agile Scrum framework.
- Work with Scrum Master to review backlog and ensure optimal prioritization of tasks to Core Product Support Team.
- Opportunity to learn and work with DDD (Domain-Driven Design) and CQRS (Command and Query Responsibility Segregation).
- Opportunity to learn or to enhance existing DevOps skills.